Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarTalk Flash 1.7 to 2.0 Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltec123

Vendor
May 3, 2007
US
Hi guys,

I did a MICS upgrade from 2.0 to 6.1.

Now the VM is not syncing.

If i go from 1.7 to 2.0, will I lose the programming?

Or should I just go to a CP and start from scratch.(I would hate to)

Thanks!!

LT
SNC00261r.jpg

SNC00263r.jpg

Can you still find startalk upgrades out there?
the answer is yes with an upgrade to 2.0 the compatibility will be ok. but with it being a startalk , should be a small amount of mailboxes and AA fetures.
I would replace with a Call pilot.

They are using 40 mailboxes and a dept dir.
Cost on CP for 4 mbx, is not cheap.

My question is, Will I lose programming?

Thanks!

No but be prepared.

2.1 or 2.0 will do.

The biggest selling point is to email screenshots of the web interface programming and the new features of the CP.

I am sure you can find the 2.0 or 2.1 cheap to save your sales mistake and make up for it on selling them a CP later.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

think you will need a compatible mics/cics to do vm upgrade
You are supposed to do vm first ksu 2nd

6 months until ski season starts...sadly i must resign myself to the warmer weather"this will include a normal 8-5 work day, 5 days a week"

Thanks guys.

Lost it all anyways, I guess was unplugged for too long.

If you lost programming it might be due to a leaky CAP on the Flash. Even unpluged I've had them keep programming for a couple of days. You should test by unpluging it a few minutes then plug it back in and see if it stays programed. The reason I say this is because if it is a bad CAP then everytime they loose power they will loose programming on the Flash.

If upgraded to 2.0.1, Can I backup? If not, I am not taking a chance..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back