Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk AA problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldestgeek

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
US
Seems I've forgotten a few things about Startalk since I don't get to work with them much these days. When night service is on, Startalk AA plays "The party you have called is not available" then the caller hears silence. At that point all the AA functions are available if the caller knows them, so it appears the greetings were somehow erased but all the mailboxs and their greetings are still intact. The other AA settings such as times of day, greetings, etc also appear to be all the default settings. My question is can one just initialize the AA without deleting the mailboxes? Where is the canned message the caller now hears coming from?

Thanks Curlycord. I checked the ring group for the night mode and the Startalk pilot is the only number in the group.

your aa seting is at Y should be no. or try turning your CCR on.

I think Marskell might be on the right track...

In the CCR tree greeting - 0 might have been erased. If all the functions (dial points) work, but no greeting. I would check that greeting.

... and I think it is a DN that hasn't got a mailbox set up... such as the IATA which everyone forgets about when a CICS goes default the ext (37?) then rings on line one and two.. ??

Cheers
Arr

"..second star to the right and straight on 'till morning.."

VVV

Sometimes we forget to check the simplest of things. Someone had used F982 and answered "no" to Answer Calls. Of course no one admits it. Curlycord, for your suggestion to check the AA during the day have a star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back