Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startalk 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

niborsnriac

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
GB
Hi There,
I have been out contact with startalk for a while now & then I am asked to configure one for a small Company.
I have set up the mailboxes & the AA, but I have a question?
Can an extension have a normal mailbos & handle the "General Delivery Mailbox" as well.
I can't seem to get this to work, any suggestions ?
Kind Regards,
Niborsnriac.

You cannot have 2 mailboxes to the same set on the flash, use the courtesy or kitchen phone for one of the two mailboxes in question or set up one as a phantom and setup the off premise notification to ring a set internaly.
spoclogo2.jpg

To Curlycord,
Thanks for explaining that to me, I wasn't sure of the rules.
regards
Niborsnriac.

Two Mailboxes and One Extension:

Actually you can have two mailboxes notify the same ext. Create the first mailbox IE., 224 assign to ext224 with message waiting, Y. Then create guest mailbox IE., 300 then go into F981, Log: 300 0000. Change the password and record name IE., "Danny".
After logging into the box 300, go into admin then press 6 to set up message notification. It will say not initialized, then the screen will show EXT: enter in 224. Then set the times that you want to notify the extension. 8am-5pm. After a message is left in mailbox 224, it will show up in the display as 'Msg for you'. If a message is left for mailbox 300, the voicemail will actually call the ext. When the person answers the phone it will say that there is a message for "Danny". Then in the screen you'll see a softkey Log in button, press it and log into mailbox 300 and get the message.

Good Luck!!

To Executone,
Many thanks for your help in this matter.
Niborsnriac.

Thats is true however if I call into the system then I cannot get a hold of that person by entering that mailbox # and instead I am forced to leave a message and thats why I suggested to use the kitchen or visitor set so that the receptionist is able to recieve personal calls...you would need the answer key programmed on the reception set of course though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back