Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start windows form from Web form

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredodman

Programmer
Jun 7, 2008
US
Hi everyone!

OK, this is my problem. I tried to find a way to easier update categories and sub-categories in a database for a friend of mine. She has a website that uses this db but has no way of managing the data so to speak. I created a small windows form which populates a treeview with the stuff she wants and all is working so far. Here is my problem though, is there a way to start this form from her website if I uploaded it or do I have to put all my stuff in a new web form. I might use the incorrect terms here but I thought it would be nice to start this little stand alone app from her site if possible. Any thoughts?

Fred

windows forms and web forms are 2 different GUIs. much the same that linux and windows are different OS. If you want the webpage to act like the windows form then you need to design html/js/css to behave the same (similar) way as the desktop prototype.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Thanks Jason. I gave the idea up and are now trying to put it on the site instead.

Fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back