Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start-up sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

micker377

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
US
Has any one found a simple way to change the start-up sound on Win 7? I have found a few for Vista (supposed to work on 7 also), but they all involve d/l a program to disemble a Win 7 dll, and take what sound file you want and convert it to a certain file structure, and reassemble with the program...

There must be an easier way!

Hi

I have been trying to do this too!

I haven't found a solution, I was starting to think that it may be possible with some sort of .bat file that tells it to play x.wav at a certain point in the boot cycle but I haven't done the research yet.

I have my own sound scheme that I have used for years, and I have it all set up on my new computer except for the Windows start sound.

Mike

If you don't want to download and use the commonly mentioned ResHacker program, you can either turn off the Startup Sound and whistle something while Windows 7 Starts, or you can try and change Microsoft's attitude.

Give Us Feedback for Windows 7

If enough people submit feedback then Microsoft might respond positively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back