Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

start up error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mearss

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
US
After a system crash, I have reinstalled FoxPro 2.6 on to my Win98SE computer. When I try to start Foxpro I receive a
error message saying "a error has occured.. click close or ignore to continue". If I click ignore the program loads.

The apparent error is a "divide by 0 error in the Foxprow.exe module".

This has all occured since I upgraded to XP. It ran under XP using the compatibility mode of Win95. I am now back running under Win98 until I can solve this problem. Under XP you receive the divide by 0 error message and further loading of the program stops.

Help!

HI

1. Apply the dzpatch if not done already in the existing platform.
2. I suggest you take a copy the FP 2.6 directory as it is from the earlier OS say WIN98. Just copy the entire folder to XP.

3. If you are burning a CD for copying purposes, make sure you are dragging the directory FP2.6 as a whole without omitting sub directories. Also after copying, ensure that the file attributes are not left at +r. (read only)

This probably could solve your problem.

ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Good Afternoon-
Thank you for responding.
(1) No dzpatch @ location given
(2) Tried that... same problem
(3) No CD... program just won't load under XP.. error message in Win98 (but loads after "ignore"

you must put the dzpatch in your fpw directory and put this on the config.fpw

command= ! dzpatch.exe

the you could use foxpro anytime

DZPATCH only needs to be run once to "fix" the FPW files (FOXPROW.EXE, FOXW2600.ESL). I see absolutely NO reason to put it into your CONFIG.FPW file, unless you have a process that is constantly restoring your FPW runtime/development files to their original format.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back