Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start New Media/Mark Media Full

Status
Not open for further replies.

joxers25

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
US
I cannot find these settings within commvault - i'm going mad - i know I've seen them and set them before but complete mental block.

found post on here stating that they were available in schedule policy settings but don't have any schedule policies set - normal sp's only

any help apprieciated!!

joxer

Well they are in the schedule policies and they are avaialbe when manually running a full backup

Schedule policy
Locate the policy and double click on it
Select the Data Protection schedule you want to modify and click edit
click job options and then advanced
clcik the media tab, options are there

Manual backup
Right click on job that you want to run and choose backup
Click advanced
Click on the media tab, options are there

Hope this helps, if you are looking for them somewhere else please let us know where.

Forgot to note that this is for an Aux Copy to tape.

I found the advanced backup options in Right Click Commserv - All tasks - Schedules - choosing policy schedule and then click edit - job summary tab and then the job options tab within that then clicking Advanced.

But when I follow this route for the Aux to tape job I have it does not have the same options available

Job Summary just has job info and no further tabs or buttons

again any help appreciated.

Joxer

Ok,

If you have a schedule policy for the aux copy job it starts the same, find the policy , double click on it, and then select the auxiliary copy schedule and then click edit
then click the aux copy options tab and it is there.

If you are not using any scheudle for the aux copy then please let us know exactly how you are running it so we can reproduce it and find the options you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back