Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start/End Datetime Parameters and subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggs

Technical User
Sep 21, 2000
US
So, I have 10 reports I want to link together into one. Thus, I just put each of the last 9 reports in Report Footer a, Report Footer b, etc. Each report is based on a datetime parameter. Thus, the first parameter in the main report is called "Start Date" and the second parameter date is called "End Date". So, the Select Expert in the main report is set for the target datetime field as between "Start date" and "End Date".

Now, my question. I want to enter in one Start Date and one End Date and have that as part of the formula for all ten reports. Can this be done? If so, how?

So far, I have all ten reports in one, but have to enter ten Start date parameters and ten End Date parameters. I can't quite figure out the sub-report linking since I can't set for "In between"

Ziggs,

Go to change subreport links. Add your two parameter fields. Then edit your subreport select expert (formula editor) to say: {yourDatefield} = {?Pm-?Start Date} to {?Pm-?End Date} Where start date and end date are your parameter fields.

Hope this helps...

Thyssen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back