Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start a webservice

Status
Not open for further replies.

elHollandes

Programmer
Feb 22, 2004
ES
I want to experiment with webservices. On the lab pc I have IIS 6.0 (windows 2003) and visual studio 2003 installed. I create a webservice (eg. "Hello World") and open it in a browser. Here I get the info page and can select the webmethods. When I click "Invoke", I get a FileNotFound exeption. The file beïng searged for is a dll in de windows/tmp directory. The name of the file seems to be generated automatically and is different every time I click "Invoke". I suspect that something in the IIS has been installed wrong, but I can´t find what it is...

I can think of two possible reasons:

1) Security permissions --- the ASP.NET worker process doesn't have enough authority

2) Something in your code in that method is doing something odd.

Chip H.

Thanks for your reaction, Chip. I am thinking in the same direction. Therefore I tested the "Hello World" example. This example just returns the string "Hello World" and is doing nothing odd. I also have been looking at the sequrity permissions, but got stuck there. ASP.NET pages work fine...

Aart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back