Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Start a Pl/SQL in Oracle 9i

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr3news

Programmer
Apr 15, 2003
BR
I install de Oracle database 9i from the Oracle Website.
I want to study a Pl/SQL. How can I start PL/SQL Ide.

Thanks

Its good to hear that you are interested in learning Oracle. You can start learning by the basic commands fo SQL. Then you can go deeper depending on the queries you get.

I am still not clear as to why you want to learn, it is out of ur own interest or because your job demands it.

anyway startoff you will find lot of basic materials or guides on net.

Regards,

Dark

Hi

Beside those written by Dark, I would say is a good idea to mention what other programming/scripting languages you know, and how familiar are with SQL in general or with other SQL servers.

As the different documentations does not explain at the same level, we will not suggest every documentation for all people.

As you are Programmer, the answer could be for Windows :
Start | Run... | "plsqldev.exe"

Feherke.

Denis, as with any programming language, easy is in the eye of the beerholder [wink]. PL/SQL is a virtual knock-off of the U.S. Government/Military programming language, Ada...If one knows Ada, then they also know PL/SQL (and if they know PL/SQL, then they know quite a bit of Ada).

The reason that I don't characterise any programming language as "easy" is because people's brains are wired differently from one another and some people don't find programming an "easy" endeavor. In fact, certain aspects of PL/SQL aren't necessarily "easy" (unless, perhaps, you compare them to programming in binary or assembler language).

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I can provide you with low-cost, remote Database Administration services: see our website and contact me via www.dasages.com]

Hi, Denis

Once you get sqlplus running, I would suggest downloading SQLTools. This is available on the sourceforge site.

I would also recommend taking a look at the O'Reilly book site. There are several titles there that will certainly help to get you up to speed.

Regards,

William Chadbourne
Oracle DBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back