Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Starship printing label problem after 01/05/09 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVIDA83

Technical User
Aug 7, 2008
US
Hello, I recently installed the ned update for starship effective 1/05/09 and now my UPS labels are not printing correctly. All of the sudden after the update the labels are printing but the Audit label prints half at the very bottom of the label and the other half at the beginning of the new label. I reinstalled the printer, I ran the dump mode, and still nothing. Any ideas????
Thanks

The Jan update was only for rates and shouldn't have done anything to the label printer. It sounds like the label is specified as the incorrect size or you have "Append to the bottom of the label" specified in the UPS label setup.

That is exactly what the V-technologies support said on 01/05/09 when the update took place. But explain how somehow a workstation that had been printing labels the night before without a problem is not printing them correctly now, right after the update. (mm weird no?). If it wasn't because of the update then they should not have come up with a fix for it the next day. this is what the update said

StarShip Update

Version: 9.9.6
Build: 20090106
Size: 22120KB

Description of Changes:

Build 20090106
------------------------------
* Bug Fix: Audit labels not lining up correctly on 4x8 labels.
* Bug Fix: Max weight for SpeeDee packages was set to 100 pounds. Changed to 150 pounds.
* Bug Fix: UPS Large Package surcharge was not automatically selected based on package dimensions.
* Bug Fix: Error when trying to update the UPS Mailbox when running Vista or Server 2008.

Oh, surprise so it was the update, this after being applied made you go into your AUDIT LABEL setup and select the newly added UPS Audit Label 8.25. so guess what, it was starship's problem, and yet they wanted to charge you a support incident that very first day to at least take a look at what was happening. Anyway is fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back