Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

starage request for changing meet-me access codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayavauser

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
this is from the higher ups ...they have been happy and have done it via Conference Controller setting in VDN & using ASA programming as well its just someone got to thinking

hum .....I wonder if I can .....

.....I don't see how this can be done ..... or even think its possible but the Data group got someone to ask

below is the text sent to me :) (lucky me )

What we’re trying to do is change the access code via some programming language, so when someone schedules a meeting through outlook, for example, the program (written by our programmers here, in C++ for example) could change the number. There are so many meeting requests now that we have this feature that I can’t keep up,

Cheers:)

ayavauser

ok header should read :

strange request for changing meet-me access codes:)

ayavauser

Hi,

I'm not sure how you could implement your program to change the access code but here's an end user guide to changing the access code from any phone.

END USER GUIDE TO CHANGE ACCESS CODE
The following shows how the allocated conference controller, for a meet-me conference VDN, can
change the security/access code from any handset. This takes the burden of changing the access
code, away from the system administrator.
You must have the following ready before changing the code from the handset:
FAC for ‘Meet-me Conference Access Code Change’
VDN Extension
Old security code
New Security code
Now from the handset of the Conference Controller, do the following:
Step 1 Enter FAC
Step 2 VDN Extn / #
Step 3 old code / #
Step 4 new code / #
Step 5 new code / #

I have built a terminal emulation program in VB.net2005 and have a Meet-Me Monitor Program that monitors up to 5 simultaneous Meet-Me Conferences at once and can be used to set the Meet-Me Conference Code. I am currently at an alpha stage. If you would like to try it, send me your contact info.

james.middleton@comcast.net

James Middleton
ACSCI/ACSCD/MCSE
Xeta Technologies
jim.middleton@xeta.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back