Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Star Talk Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneDoctorLV

Vendor
Aug 21, 2009
US
Customer had telco move their lines and for some reason they also moved their CICS compact with the Star Talk Flash. They are reporting that the Flash won;t work. I went on site and t is wired correctly. I pulled it and placed it on a reinitialize 6x16 and it still will not come up. I can not access it via F981 or F983.

Any suggestions on why it may not be working. Red power indicator comes on. I do have a MICS in stock if I need to put it on that for more testing.

Maybe I am not reinitializing it properly.

Thank you!

depending on the software level of the flash
it may not work on the 6x16

but if the telco moved it they should fix it

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I put it on my shops MICS DR5 and F903 says Inactive Feature. I will reinit the MICS and see wht happens.

Any suggestions?

Had a flash do the same thing. Took the software card out and put it in another flash and it came up. Put the card back in the original flash and it came up (lost all programming though). Huh?

Try feature **XFTEST/configuration pswd to see if 903 has changed. I've never seen it happen on a flash, but there's a first time for everything.

Sometimes pressing f9*1 to display the active codes has worked to "jolt" them back into place too.

Sorry **XFTEST shows no codes used. Any other way to Jolt it back?

Ptstechnician is probably right, then. If the ports are good to the flash, then you've either got bad hw, or sw card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back