Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Star Talk Flash v1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbobsbbs

Technical User
Jun 11, 2008
CA
Hi,

I have a CICS v4.1 and i'm installing a used Star Talk v1.9..

I want to re-initialize the Star Talk using F903 or F983 then CONFIG so I can reset the database

I tried F983 then log 120000 it gave me "not allow" response...

F903 Inactive Features..

My laptop is connected on my Star Talk and everything seems to be working fine.. the previous extension on StarTalk is 3 digit extension.. I already tried to reset my CICS to a 3 Digit Extension it's the same thing NOT ALLOW after F983 then I reset my CICS to 2 digit extension and its the same NOT ALLOW response...

Please Help...

Thanks

if the flash was at 3 digits you need to use 102password
also you can only do it from a 2line lcd phone (m7310,m7324,t7316)

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

My phone system right now is 3 digit extension then I reset the password of the Star Flash and i didn't know why is it 102XXXX is not working and 12XXXX is working BUT not allowed

You could try shorting the cap on the mother board of the flash take the voicemail off the wall and unscrew the back off. First take out the software. Then will a high resistor short the two leads on the back of the CAP for 15 sec.

This will default the unit. THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED due to damage that may accure to the voicemail. This should be used as a last resort. The display reading "NOT ALLOWED" is because your software is not reading the CICS KSU version correctly. Even though the voicmemail works you need to default it so it start up correctly. The only way I know how to get passed the "NOT ALLOWED is by shorting the CAP>

Support Our Troops

yo kgrant,

yeah.. it works.. thank you very much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back