Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Standard EXE to ActiveX EXE and automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRobson

Programmer
Jul 5, 2001
EU
Hi,

I've a VB Application written as a standalone 'Standard EXE'. It contains a main form, which can display various modal forms, and a few different class modules, standard modules etc. Nothing special really. What I want to do is create an 'ActiveX EXE' so that my application can be automated from within another VB application. How do I do this? What classes do I have to add to provide a way of doing this etc

Many thanks

Simon

You don't need anything special to do this. Just start from a Sub Main() module and call the form from in here and make sure in the project properties box to change to an ActiveX type project and there you have it.

Hi

Thanks for the prompt reply. The bit I don't understand is the interface between my calling VB program and the activeX EXE. For example if I declare an object of type Y (my standalone EXE thing) and I want to do things to Y (like open a document in Y) then how do I do it?

Cheers again

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back