Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

standard defined by comptia

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvohath

Technical User
Jun 27, 2005
US
I have a question that has come up by reading michael graves A+ Cert book .

It says be sure to know the standard computer model as defined by Comptia. But after that it does not say

The Standard Computer Model as defined by Comptia is.... SO AN SO AND SUCH AND SUCH.

It does not give the answer.

Can someone please help.
Yvonne

going off of memory and what not. I do not recall at all any questions on either the exam or practice tests that say - the standard computer model is... blah blah.

However, there are pictures of motherboards that most study books have that require you to be able to identify on the picture what X may be. - be it a PCI, ISA, Battery, CPU, etc. These pictures are pretty common and may change the layout slightly - but it would be prudent to be able to point out the aspects without hesitating.

They could also be referencing that aspects of a computer are standard. a PCI slot is a standard that all manufacturers can follow allowing say a PCI modem to work no matter the PC Manufacturer.

Same follows of course for ISA, EISA, USB, etc.

I wouldn't stress trying to find the defination for a standard computer model. This is not to say glaze over anything you cannot find or understand - but in this case I would. Complete the chapter do your chapter tests and see how you make out. Later chapters and practice tests will certainly pinpoint any areas you need to focus on.

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+

CompTIA does not define standards so your statement makes no sense at all.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETma,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Are you talking to me or Yvonne?

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+

I believe he is talking to me. It is not my question. It is Michael Graves statment. It is in his A+ Book.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back