Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stand Alone versions of CR

Status
Not open for further replies.

0sprey

Technical User
May 9, 2015
CA
Are any of the current SAP offerings of CR stand alone products?
If not can anyone tell me that last CR version that is designed for standalone use?

The Crystal Developer could and can be used as a stand alone product. The issue there is that everyone one that needs to develop a report or run the report (but there are viewers available) needs a license. Now there is a version of Crystal Reports called Crystal Reports for Enterprise. That needs a BI system to run from.

Do you mean a standalone product to develop reports or to run and view reports ?
There are plenty of viewers , which will allow you to view the reports. Some are free. SAP has a free viewer too, but it is not able to refresh reports.

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports, SSRS and Dynamic Dashboards.

I am currently using CRXI and considering upgrading... CR2016 should be able to function as a standalone application in the same manner as XI. Yes?

Yes it should be able to. I have not heard anything different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back