Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stand-alone drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2004
US
I have a Win 2k box running NBU 4.5fp6, It is a standalone drive. When I kick off a backup it keeps requesting tape # 2. Tape #5 is in the drive and expired. How do I get NBU to take the tape that is in the drive? It is not as simple as putting tape # 2. These are remote sites that are on a 12 hour difference then me so any onsite work requires an extra day. I have the onsite reps replace the tapes once a week with an expired one.

We always erase all tapes put into standalone drives for backups to avoid this issue.

I ran the bpexpdate on the tape that is in the drive but it stll is requesting #2.

No I mean we run them over a tape eraser. Which is okay as long as the tape drive will except un-formated tapes. You can also erase tapes in the drive. This is easy for me as I have a man to do it.

Yea that would be nice, I dont even have someone that speaks the same language. They dont have anything like that on-site.

Tricky and a pain I know. Can you delete the volumes from the media lists? So that if #2 is not listed then it can not be asked for?

bpmedia -freeze -m #2 -h hostname_that_owns_#2

Tape #2 can still be read, just not written to.

Well it is no longer requesting tape #2, not it wants tape #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back