Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stand Alone App that Executes Script and Terminates

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbtutor

Programmer
Sep 9, 2002
US
Hi,

I need to create a way to have a stand alone exectuable app created in VB, or maybe C++, with a WebBrowser control that will automatically navigate to a specified PHP script, and execute that script. The app should run entirely in the background with no visible form(s) and be activated by the Windows Task Scheduler.

The trick here is that I need to automatically terminate the program after the PHP script has finished executing. What kind of signal can I pass from the script to the program to tell it to terminate, and how would I code the VB app to accept a variable being passed into it from outside the application?

If I can kill the program with VB script or JavaScript, then I can easily end the PHP tag, and open a VB or Java script tag in the web page. Just not sure what the call would be..

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?

Search this site for "webbrowser" and out of the 100 responses you should be able to put together enough test/production code to accomplish what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back