Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Stand alone' Access in Office 2003 Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.

InkyRich

Technical User
Aug 2, 2006
GB
Hello,
I have installed MS Office 2003 Professional and Access 2003. I was told that this package allowed the creation of Access databases to run by a third party without the need of Access installation.
Is this true? If so how do I go about setting this up from this package?
InkyRich

I've just read in my Access 2003 if you use the Package Wizard, end users can run your applicaiton by using the Access runtime environment without needing to purchase a full version of Access. The Package Wizard makes it easy to package and distribute all the necessary runtime files.

Thanks Shirley, I will look into it

InkyRich

You must have the developer extensions in order to legally package and distribute the runtime version of access 2003.

Thankyou tman72.
If I have the 2003 Professional package are the developer extensions included or do I have to purchase them from MS?
InkyRich

You need Office Professional or a full version of Access 2003 in order to install and use the developer extensions. So the answer to your question is no, you would need to purchase the developer extensions. They are part of the visual studio tools for office.

Thankyou tman72,
I do have the necessary package so I will have a look.
IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back