Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stale-dated cheques

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraD

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
CA
Is there an easy way to reverse stale-dated cheques? We have attempted to do this using the reverse cheque method. This resulted in the bank balance in our Bank Services module being adjusted (which is right) but rather than the Bank account in the G/L being adjusted and the offset reversing to the original expense account, the system has debited the A/P subledger (now the vendor appears to have a debit balance which is incorrect). My bank will not balance and I am at a loss how to fix this?

What version are you using? I reverse stale cheques once or twice a year in Discovery and it works as it should: reverse in bank services, post the batch to GL, post the GL batch. Result: bank & GL balance; the vendor's balance is restored, which can then be adjusted back to the P&L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back