Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STAKING order of objects stumps me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk203

Technical User
Sep 17, 2001
US
Trying to learn how to chg stacking order of two simple TIF images on a single page so that one will partially overlap the other. Have followed all Pagemaker6.5 instructions many times and tried all I can think of. What's the catch?

Select an object by CTRL and left mouseclick.
Then select something like "put to front"
which means "on top of stack",
In my opinion, this works more by trial and error,
I can´t see a well defined order on the stack.
(Re-translated from German). --Gernot

This is not working. I can CTRL + left click mouse and then clk Element>Arrange>Send to Back, but it does not work. CTRL + right mouse click only reduces size of entire document page. Any other ideas from anyone? The Help screen simply states to select image, clk Element>Arrange>Send to Back, etc, but it does not work for me.

By CTRL + left click I get in a sequence one element
after the other, especially for overlapping elements.
Once the correct element is found, I can
put it on top of the stack (visible above all other elements).
The ONLY problem is that the order on the stack is not clear.
Actullay tested by PM6.5 on Win95 (second PC, writing this
letter). ---Gernot

Found the culprit of the stacking problem....it turns out that my TIF images were on clear background, thus other objects would still show through no matter what I did. So I drew a box the exact size of my top TIF and used it as a middle layer to conceal overlapped area. Thanks for comments.

I assume you mean your .tif files were BW Bitmap files. You can take them back into Photoshop and turn them into Grayscale images. That way the white won't be transparent. For your information (you may already know this, but if not, you'll probably really like it) BW and Grayscale .tif files can have any colors assigned to them in Pagemaker you want.

Sorry, not understandable. TIF files with clipping paths
are used to apply transparency outside the path.
If transparency is not required, then the TIF doesn´t have
clipping paths. --Gernot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back