Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Staging in Networker

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandfred

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2001
DK
Does anyone out there has any experince with setting up staging in a networker envirorment ?
I'm currently considering setting up staging, but as usualy the manual is not making much sense to me.

I understand that staging does not work well and from all indications on the "NetWorker Digest" you should consider an alternative. Search the NetWork Digest archives and you can read about the problems and solutions with staging.

-Tom

hi,

dumb question, but where do I find "Networker Digest" ?

1. Create a Device for staging

Device: d:\Staging_FIle_Device

2. Create a Pool for Staging with this device!

Name: Staging
Group: Staging_Group
Device: d:\Staging_FIle_Device

3. Create a Stage

Name: Staging_
Enable: Yes
Device: d:\Staging_File_Device
Destination Pool: Default
Max. storage periode: 7
High water Mark: 60%
Low Water Mark: 20%

He he, I had forgotten all about this question, until the email popped up.

Anyway I have set up staging, and it has run nicely for 3 months now. Not without hickups but not with anymore than networker usually have.
The above guildelines are the way to go, and test it well before using in a production enviorment.

So far the only thing I have had really trouble with is when the staging does not clear all the savesets and try to stage again, this will fail with volume inellible use another, just check the SSID's there will be duplicates remove the duplicates from the filedevice and retry the operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back