Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stack overflow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOMRx

Programmer
Jul 16, 2000
US
I have a problem with several users of my VB code experiencing "stack overflow" errors once in a while. I am fairly new to VB and wonder what kind of things, in general, that I might look for that could be using stack space without releasing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

The put of stack , and stack overflow has many causes. It took me forever to locate mine.

Some of the possible errors:

Nested Subs, Too many Calls being processed at one time, Too many dynamic Arreys and Fixed Strings. The rest are listed in the MSDN library. Check msdn.microsoft.com they have a list of all the potential problems.

Good luck, I needed it as well

John Stephens [sig][/sig]

Another cause for this error could be an infinite loop (i.e. a loop that never ends). If you are looping through a recordset an forget to put rs.movenext inside the loop, then a "stack overflow" error could result. [sig][/sig]

Don't forget about recursion! [sig]<p>Steve<br><a href=mailto:tribesaddict@swbell.net>tribesaddict@swbell.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br> [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back