Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stable firmware for WRV54G 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hudr

Vendor
May 21, 2004
US
Does anyone know what the most stabel firmware for the WRV54G is? I came across one that has been upgraded to 2.25.2 and it seems pretty buggy. Especially on the VPN side. It won't even let me change the time zone from Pacific to Central.

That is the latest and not so greatest version. I've got two of these (one each at two different locations) and they've been fairly stable for about six months. I've got them vpn'd to each other but took a lot of effort. You'll hear a lot of unfavorable comments on this and other sites and I think most of them are justified. I have not heard of anyone being able to create a vpn with these with other than a router to router configuration without losing internet access. I'm hoping the next firmware upgrade will solve that.

I had to load the firmware several times so you might want to try that. Also make sure you get the firmware from the linksys site.

Great, just what I needed...more unstable hardware. Have you had any luck with a VPN between the WRV54G and any other Linksys router?

I havn't tried any other routers but I think it should work with any of their VPN routers.

Got the problem fixed. Turns out it was a problem with the RV082 that the router was connecting to. But it is still slow to reboot and sometimes kicks you out of remote management.

I have been trying for two weeks now to get the VPN to work on this WRV54G router. I have confirmed all the settings on the router are correct, but cannot establish a connection from home computer running WinXP Pro. I have created all the IPSec poliocies, but still getting error 800 unable to establish a connection. Do I need to setup one of the WinXP Pro computers behind the router in the office as a VPN server? (allow incoming connection?)

PLEASE ASSIST......

I have upgraded firmware also.. 2.25.2 I am soo frustrated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back