Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSTab control 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomSwingruber

Programmer
May 21, 2003
US
SSTab not TabStrip

I have tried to use the SSTab control again for the first time in a couple of years.
The thing blew up and lost all the controls I had placed on it. The code was not removed.
I already know never to change orientation once you start adding controls.
I swore off using the thing because of past problems, but in a weak moment tried again.
I think this thing (SSTab) came from Sheridan Software back when.
I bought some of Sheridan software to get neat controls but they were all squirrelly.
Does anyone have some insight into this contol. Just curious. Probably won't
use the thing again for a couple of years. When I have a weak moment.

Thanks Tom

The SSTab control is a microsoft control not Sheridan and is very a very useful control. It was updated in VB service Pack 5, so make sure you do have the latest SP installed. Being that it is a MS control MSDN has pretty good documentation, here's a link.

By the way welcome to Tek-Tips to get the most from these Forums you should read faq222-2244.

"Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'."

Didn't they licence it from Sheridan along with the THREED controls? They surely wouldn't have written them from scratch and kept the same names (SS prefix...)

You know you may be right the control is now called the 'Microsoft Tabbed Dialog Control' but with VB 4 it was called 'Sheridan Tabbed Dialog Control'. Anyway it is a commonly used control and with the latest service pack I am not aware of any problems.

"Two strings walk into a bar. The first string says to the bartender: 'Bartender, I'll have a beer. u.5n$x5t?*&4ru!2[sACC~ErJ'. The second string says: 'Pardon my friend, he isn't NULL terminated'."

Bet you are right
I cleaned and reloaded my computer a while back and
did not reinstall the service pack.

Will post results as soon as I can get back to the project.

Many thanks
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back