Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSTab colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwunz

Programmer
Dec 17, 2001
US
I'm using VB 6.0 Pro, and am trying to change the colors of the sstab control on my form. Nothing seems to change it, including changing system-level options. Does anyone have any info about changing sstab colors?
Thanks in advance...

I don't know of any specifc method of setting the colors of individual tabs.

What I have done in some cases is to put a frame on body of the tab, sized to be the same as the body of the tab, and then setting the background color of the tab. Only downside is that the tab portion itself is not included, but as has been suggested in previous threads, that too can be handled with images.
Good Luck
------------
Select * from Users where Clue > 0
0 rows returned

Yes, I've tried that too...but the image on the tab portion still does not cover all the grey...it leaves a border around the edges. To completely eliminate it, I may need to substitute frames and pictures boxes or command buttons and forget about tabs...I'm hoping to find a way though, I hate to do all the work myself when tabs will handle some of it.

see my answer in this thread:

thread222-255701

CCLINT...thanks, but I did see that already. Putting a picture box in the picture property of the tab still leaves the grey border though...
By the way, another solution for your idea is to put the picture box in and add a label to the picture box without a border...make the background colors for both the same and center justify the caption in the label...then you only need to change the font bold to true to show the tab as selected...no pictures to swap back and forth, or even to keep track of.
I used this same concept in a status bar...works great.

drwunz - Good thought - but extra code will be needed when the user resizes and the tabs wrap....

Yes, my way doesn't color the tabs, it colors the text for the tab captions.

In that case you WILL need to use another third party tab control - or make your own.

Sorry, what I meant with:
"In that case you WILL need to use another third party tab control - or make your own."
is if you want to color the whole tab, and/or the tab seletors, and not have borders, you will not be able to do this with the control delivered with VB6. (In ACCESS 97/2000 it would be possible to color the tabs).

Thanks cclint, I suspected as much. Thanks for your time and for taking your time to donate so much to this forum. It truely is a time saver when stuck with these infernal problems.
don :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back