Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSRS Q How do you keep a group together in a table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidKnight

Programmer
Mar 31, 2004
CA
I have a report that I'm using the TABLE object and grouping the user's transactions by the user's name.

The problem I'm having ia that a user's data spans multiple pages.. It starts on the bottom of 1 page (for 1 transaction) and then continues onto the top of the next page (3 more transactions). How do I keep the data together on a page?? In Crystal there is a keep together option on groups.

I'm new to SSRS SQL2005 and I'm sure I'm missing something..

Thanks
David

In the GROUP properties, there should be a setting for pagebreak at start and / or page break at end

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

xlbo Thanks for the response..

Looked at that. But it puts a page break after every grouping. One grouping per page!

I just don't want to orphan small group sections over 2 pages.

Thanks,
David

not sure about RS2005 but in 2000 that is about the only option other than the keep table to 1 page option (which won;t do what you want either). Not sure there is a way to access the page breaks properties without a lot of coding....there may be an option in RS2005 but I don;t have it so I can't really tell you anything more...

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Isn't there a KeepTogether property of the table?

...on the custom properties dialog box, general tab

Hi MColeman

I cannot find a "Custom Properties" dialog box!! How do I get to it??

If you mean the "Grouping and Sorting Properties" dialog box then, no there is no keep together. (At least in my VS2005 version, I wish there was!!)

Thanks,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back