Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

apple17

Programmer
Jul 5, 2005
US
I just installed SSL on my site and I get the message "this page contains both secure and nonsecure items do you want to display the nonsecure items?". I went through and removed all references to 'http' in all pages, yet I still get the message on some pages.

Not only that, but now my browser is giving me a message "To help protect your security, IE has restricted this file from showing active content that oculd access your computer. Click here for options". I'm guessing this is due to the javascript on the pages?

Is there any way to get rid of these messages? Are they both due to the fact that I have javascript on the pages for all the data entry validation?

Thanks for any help.

The message is due to any inclusion of an image or script that isn't on the secure server itself.

Lee

Lee,

Thanks for your response.

I really don't see any images or scripts that aren't on the server. I've taken out the Google analytics code, as it references Google. I don't know what else to look for.

Without you showing a URL where we can see the actual code, you're forcing us to guess.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back