Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL not Working with SGC Certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradhiggins

Technical User
Sep 24, 2003
Hey All,

I am having a problem with my Windows 2000 mahcine connecting to my webmail once i installed a SGC from thawte.

I have gone through KB article 875450 ( But I already run SPK4, IE6 and for arguments sake I installed the high Encryption Pack.

Does anyone know what else could be the issue why I only get a page can not be displayed error when trying to access web pages protected by a SGC certificate.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Brad

stab in the dark here, but open IE then tools/internet/options/security

for the sake of seeing if it is the issue set all security to LOW , then see if you get the same problem BUT REMEMBER TO PUT THEM BACK WE DONT WANT ANY NASTIES TO GET IN. Or just add the site to the TRUSTED SITES section in the same area as above. As i said before just a stab in the dark but hey we have to start somewhere.

Thanks for the response.

What actually happened was when I generated the SSL certificate the CSR I created was using a 16384 key, which Windows 2000 has issues with processing.

By getting the certificate reissued using a 1024 bit key was able to solve all my problems.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back