Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL Internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klae

Programmer
Mar 5, 2001
GB
One of our glorious project managers decided to proceed with a project of moving our inhouse printing services to our main optic fibre network. He did this by only involving our COMMS team who know nothing past the IP stack. we have 5 MACs running OS X which now, on the new network cannot logon onto our Novell BorderManager to get out onto the web. The error is a window which pops up saying "The identity certificate is invalid" when it tries to connect to our BorderManager on a secure connection with HTTPS. Please help as the print room came to a complete stop! we've had everything not working and the whole company is fuming at not having any printing services. We've managed to get everything back except the internet connection on these darn MACs!!!

Klae

You're only as good as your last answer!

Did your Macs ever access the net through BorderManager before? How did they connect? Did you just upgrade to OSX?

Your scenario could use a lot more description. If you can only use BorderManager/ClientTrust on Windows, consider setting up a spare Windows box and turning that into a proxy server that logs into the Novell services. The 5 Macs could access the net through the one Windows computer.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

The MACs had there own shared ISDN connection before through a hardware ISDN router. Since the fibre link has been put in it has been requested that these MACs access the internet through the new link. That is all that is to be changed for the MACs. OS X and everything else is as it was. If ClientTrust does not run on the client what is meant to happen is that you are to enter your NDS credentials on a secure web page on the proxy/bordermanager. I was rather hoping to fix the Secure connection/certificate problem than tell them they need to buy more hardware and software especially Microsoft stuff. I'll go back down there soon and try using the "virtual XP machine" that I stumbled on one of the MACs down there.

Klae

You're only as good as your last answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back