Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL Bindings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remou

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
BE
I am very lost on this topic, so please excuse the beginner questions.

I have successfully installed an SLL certificate on the server, and everything is fine for and however, I cannot get to work. I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Bindings:

ssl.png

Hi,

What do you mean by "cannot get it to work"?

Going by your current set-up checking the SSL certificates on the domains you provided, you have it set-up right and it is working.

The [ignore][/ignore] will through an error that it is an invalid certificate, which is correct as your certificate was issued to domain.com and not [ignore]www.domain.com[/ignore]. Remember www. is technically a sub domain. If you don't want to get the invalid certificate message with your current set-up, you need to direct all your traffic through [ignore][/ignore]

Hope this helps,

Wullie

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

My Repair Hero - Repair Discussion Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back