Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL / Apache listening, just not responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjoop

Programmer
Jun 9, 2001
US
Hello,

I have a NW6 SP3 server with the Apache server with 2 network cards (one public, one private). This server runs WebAccess as well.

I changed the IP address of the public card following TID 10067853 (What do I need to modify when I change IP address on NetWare6) and TID 10067790 (Changing the IP address for the Enterprise Web Server on NetWare6).

All of the management stuff works as expected (both SSL and non-SSL ports). The non-SSL common port (80) works fine. I can get into the WebAccess interface and read my mail. What does not work is the standard SSL port (443). TCPcon shows the server listening on port 443 on both IPs. There are no errors from the startup of Apache or Tomcat. In Netscape 7.1, if I go to (can't do that with IE6!) I get the page unencrypted. If I try or I get that the connection has been terminated and some data may have been transmitted. If I telnet to port 443 and type "GET /" I get the proper page returned.

In the error logs, I get the warning:
handle-request reports: method without URI

Any ideas?

Mike.

Mike, I'm guessing it has something to do with your certificates.. Did you create new ones? and was this server your Org CA? Maybe you corrupted all of your PKI stuff as well when you made your change.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

I thought so as well, and have checked the certificates using pkidiag and deleted and recreated them using both the private and new public IP addresses. No luck. The same certificates are used for the admin stuff (which all work fine) and port 443.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back