Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS w/ Paradox DB Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narizz28

MIS
Mar 8, 2001
Has anyone done a data extraction from a Paradox database in SSIS? In DTS, there was a Paradox connector, but in SSIS, all I can find is the ODBC connection using a DSN that is set to Paradox and thus far, it hasn't worked.

Here's what I've done so far:

1.) Copy the Paradox .db files over to the SQL server.
2.) Built an ODBC connector to the Paradox files.
3.) Tried to run a select against the Paradox files with no success.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I haven't used Paradox. Can you use an OLEDB connection to reach it?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

No I cannot. The only Paradox connector in SQL 2005 (that I can find) is via a DSN.

Are the Paradox files on a share drive or a non-share file? Does the user account that is running the ODBC have read permissions on that file/share? What about write permissions?

Are you using a SQL account to run the ODBC or a domain user account?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Create an OLEDB Destination. Rigth click -> Edit. Click New and New for connection. Choose "Native OLE DB\Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider". On the "All" tab find "Extended properties" and type "Paradox 5.x". For the "Data source" type the directory where your tables are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back