Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS processing files that are not even there

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterdineen

Programmer
Sep 17, 2013
GB
Hello there,

I have a ssis package that processes files from a number of folders, then moves the files into a completed sub folder.

But I noticed when I ran the package by mistake for a second time today, I could still see records being loaded even tho there is no files to process. Is this a known issue at all. something to do with memory.?

I have checked to see if the file are still in folders
and if they have been moved to the correct place and they have.

Regards

Rob

I have not heard or nor experienced this issue. Starting with the dumb questions, are you certain the files are being removed from the source folder after processing and copying to the backup folder? Or does the package leave them there, expecting that they will be overwritten by new files before the next cycle?

Come to think of it, I did think at one time I had a problem with the "move" option in the File System Task some time ago. I ended up using two FSTs; one to "copy" and one to "delete". I don't recall if it was this exact situation, but you might give that a shot to see if it takes care of the problem.

-Jim-

The only thing i can tell you is that i have experianced if you are watching files upload with BIDS that sometimes bids gets behind itself and it takes a while to catch up to what it has actually done!

D

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Bernard Baruch

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra
----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back