Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS Package Works in BIDS Don't work SQL Server Agent Job HELP!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmann

Programmer
Oct 8, 2002
US
I have a SSIS Package that works in BIDS and it works by double clicking the SSIS package. But when I schedule Job using SSIS package i get an error. Please let me know if you have any questions. thanks. Error is below:

Executed as user: SCONET\svc_BIGCCPRD84_SSA. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 10.50.2500.0 for 32-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved. Started: 9:14:46 AM Error: 2012-04-25 09:14:48.50 Code: 0x00000001 Source: Unlock workbook Description: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8001010A): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 8001010a. at ST_22080cd5ccf5484fa05df02546b8d5de.vbproj.ScriptMain.Main() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams) at System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.VSTATaskScriptingEngine.ExecuteScript() End Error DTExec: The package execution returned DTSER_FAILURE (1). Started: 9:14:46 AM Finished: 9:14:48 AM Elapsed: 1.921 seconds. The package execution failed. The step failed.

What bit is your two versions? Is SSIS 64 bit and SQL Server DB 32 bit? If so, you need to call the package a different way. Try this:

Code:
"D:\Program Files (x86)\90\DTS\Binn\dtexec.exe" /SQL "\mySSISpackage" /SERVER myservername /MAZCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING E

Hopefully that works for you.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Hello SQLBILL,

Thanks for responding back. My environment is SSIS 32 bit and SQL Server Db 64 bit. Their is a selection within sql server agent job that runs SSIS package in 32 bit mode. I already have that selected. But still get error above. If any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Have you tried calling the package the way I suggested? We have found that the setting you refer to doesn't always work like it should.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Thanks SQLBill for all your help. It works now. Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back