Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS newbee do i need 3 connections to excel for each 3 workbooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big1934

Programmer
Jul 1, 2009
US
SSIS Newbie I did a lot of DTS in 2000 ,but rusty in that.
I know its a lot of questions(3) below, but it would help me to get off to a fast start and show some progress to this problem while go through some chapters in my Micro Press SSIS book in the evenings to get up to speed on SSIS. I foresee more SSIS needs much more robust than this coming in the future...hmmmm

1.do i need 3 connections to excel for each 3 workbooks?

trying to import 3 tabs(workbooks) from an excel file to 3 into temp tables in into sql server 2005 for an sp that runs nightly to do checks and validations on the data, the data(records) that passes the checks from the temp tables will need to be appended to sql permanenet tables

this is how i was explained it need to be done.

2.so would it be better to use memeory emp tables like #tblClaims or the TempDB in sql Server

3.so for the sql server temp tables, i would need 3 connections in the connection manager for sql server and 3 data flow tasks?

Well I got no answers but figured it out for anyone who has the Shared Memory can't connect error.
went to solution explorer top left pane in SSIS > right click the data source (in this case was the name of my sql DB) and looked at the properties > connnections > it was set to "local" which would not work (i am guessing because i have 2 instances of sql server > change to the actual server instance name , instead of "local" > test connection button > succcessful > and i am off and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back