Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS and Connection Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddiecan

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2008
US
Hi,

I have an SSIS package where it keeeps failing and give the following error message :

"System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [28000] [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [28000] [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode) "

The step needs to connect to the Oracle database and run it's think. I type in the user and password and it never save it. Even if I check the "save password" it keeps loosing it ...

I added in the string, in the properties, the security is not at "encrypted ..."

What could be wrong ? What can I do to fix it ?

Any help will be appreciate.
Thanks
Ed

you need to change the encryption level of your package or use configuration variables. if you set configuration variables it allows the packages to be transportable.

Thanks for the info

I changed it to EncryptwithUserKey
and now I'm getting :

[Get Status Records [655]] Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid operation. The connection is closed. at System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.GetStatementHandle() at

I'm trying to connect my Oracle database, which I know it's working since I can connect to it using SQL+ and run queries and all ...

Any ideas why I'm getting this now ?

Thanks for your help

not sure but usually some well worded google or live searches revial underlying problems such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back