Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS 2008 package processing excel files hangs using SSA HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmann

Programmer
Oct 8, 2002
US
My SSIS 2008 R2 package processing 55 excel files successfully in BIDS, but when I run the SSIS pacakge under Sql Serve Agent the job hangs with about 25 excel files processed. I notice their were a 15 excel.exe processes in the Windows Task Manager Processes tab. Does anyone have a solution? I would appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks

Brian

Run this on the server:
Code:
SELECT *
FROM msdb.dbo.syssubsystems;
This controls how many 'max worker threads' can exist at one time. I suggest increasing the SSIS max_worker_threads value. Try doubling it to see if that resolves the issue.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Hello SQLBill,

The max worker thread on my server is 512. I ran this script below:

select max_workers_count from sys.dm_os_sys_info

Is this a low number or should I increase more. The SSIS package running under sql server agent can only process up to 25 excel files without hanging. If I go more than 25 excel files job hangs.
If any solutions please let me know.

Brian

Hello SQLBill,

I also ran your script and had 400 for max worker threads SSIS subsystem

thanks

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back