Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

coben

Instructor
Apr 16, 2002
US
I can't get my SSI script to work. Here are my configurations:

In the httpd.conf file:
<Directory &quot;/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/site_templates/&quot;>

Options Includes
Options IncludesNOEXEC

</Directory>

AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml

The shtml file is located in the /site_templates directory. The file being imported is /crs_desc/243desc.txt. The ssi command is:
<!--#include virtual=&quot;/crs_desc/%%course_desc%%&quot; --> where %%course_desc%% is a place holder in my html file. This is being replaced in a cgi script. The actual html code in &quot;view source&quot; after the file is displayed is:
<!--#include virtual=&quot;/crs_desc/243desc.txt&quot; -->

I have permissions set to 755 on the shtml file, though I think I really need less. Can anyone provide me with a little more insight? I've had text files work ok when imported into ssi documents so I know its not the text file extention.

Thanks.
Chris

No. I'm accessing a cgi script in my URL like this:

This cgi script is opening up the shtml document. The cgi script opens up the shtml document and then substitutes the passed parameters for the place holders. So, in the cgi script is written:

<td width=&quot;664&quot; valign=&quot;top>
<!--#include virtual=&quot;/crs_desc/%%course_desc%%&quot; -->
</td>

where %%course_desc%% is a place holder in the shtml document. But when the shtml document is displayed, it shows:

<td width=&quot;664&quot; valign=&quot;top&quot;>
<!--#include virtual=&quot;/crs_desc/243desc.txt&quot; -->
</td>

The problem appears to be that the ssi script is not being parsed.

Chris

Why should the SSI be parsed? I doubt the CGI script does anything to parse it.

//Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back