Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSH with CMS client (v12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgroepie

Technical User
Mar 13, 2007
GB
Hi All,

I tried to get the windows client to connect through ssh with the cms server (cms v12).
I had the v12 client and with this i was unable to choose the ssh option, than i installed the v13 client and with this i could say that i want to connect to v12 CMS and than i could use the ssh option but it say can not connect to server (and it does with this client if i use the network connection on port 23)
Also when i go back to the options i see that the ssh port is changed from 22 to 3000

If i try to connect to the cms server with a normal terminal ssh connection it all works ok, so ssh is enabled.

Anyone seen this before and know a solution for this?

Does anyone use SSH on a window client to the server?

I tried and had the same results. Let me know if you figure it out. I guess it's just wide open telnet for now.

Avaya has never impressed me with their network knowledge and they never help with any issues involving a network, just say not my problem. Do you want to pay ungodly amounts of cash for "professional services" to figure it out

I found out already.

At first i had to use version 13 of the client as the 12 doesn't seem to work with ssh.
But also client v13 can be set to use a version 12 server so that is no problem.
From that point the server did connect with ssh, but didn't connect the application.
What happens is that after ssh connection it does an internal forward to telnet port 23 for the application.

In the /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the CMS server you have to put in some lines like this:

# Port forwarding
AllowTcpForwarding yes

and probebly also this one

# X11 tunneling options
X11Forwarding yes

You have to restart the ssh demon afterward to let it work (or restart the server)

This way ssh should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back