Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSH Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmpapi

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2000
US
Hi,

I am trying to install SSH on a solaris 8 system. I pulled down the SSH3-0.1 tar file and have untarred the file.

I am at the point where i need to run configure;make
but when i run this it tells me that cc can't create executables. I always have trouble with this because I dont know anything about compilers and how this stuff is suppose to work. I just want to get SSH installed on the server and have the daemon running. Can anyone provide some assistance or direction when they have time. Thanks

are you using gcc ? if you are
be sure that you have setenv cc gcc and you have the right to write on /usr/local if this does not exist create it..the best way is compile it as a root user

Still having problems.

What is the easiest way to set the env variables. I'm just going through and doing:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc

etc, etc

is there a file i should edit

I can't get the C compiler to work, it says the C compiler cant create executables...I downloaded gcc and it still doesn't work.

cause i can't get the C compiler to create executables.

Any software recommended off of sunfreeware?

You need to add /usr/ccs/bin into your path and should work if you have installed gcc on the box.
PATH=$PATH:/usr/ccs/bin
Regards,

Vlad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back