Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSA Degraded Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppies5

Technical User
Nov 22, 2002
US
I'm running on a RS6000 using AIX 4.3.3.0. I run the "run_ssa_healthcheck" every hour scheduled from the root crontab. In errpt I am receiving the following error every time the healthcheck runs:

Label: SSA_DEGRADED_ERROR
Identifier: 3DB7729E

Resource Class: adapter
Resource Type: ssa160

Description: ADAPTER PERFORMANCE DEGRADED
Probable Cause: ADAPTER
Failure Causes: ADAPTER

Any ideas on what this means and how I can fix it?
The system seems to be running normally....
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check your SSA loops and the Microcode on the adapters If you have no joy there the cache b/u batteries may not be recharging get IBM to check it out.

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.

are you getting msgs sent to root? if so, these should contain a SRU code that you can look up in the service guide you should have gotten with your disk. you can also do a visual check of the hardware to see if there are amber lights on any drives or the HBA which might be an indication of a link problem or a failed drive. OR you can just call IBM as has already been suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back