Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SS3 3300 200% Bandwidth Use 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinTom

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2004
GB
I am not conviced this is affecting the network but I do have a network stalling problem that I cannot get to the bottom of.

Before firmware upgrade Network Supervisor showed bridge discard errors on SSII gigabit port after firmware upgrade I dont have the bridge discard problem but other switchews show 200% util on web interface.

I have 2 SS3 3300 showing 200% Utilisation on 2 ports each.
SSII 3C16986 (A1) linked with matrix cable to
SS3 3C16980A (A2) with single 100B-FX module
SS3 3C16980A (B1) with double 100B-FX module
A1 port 1 to media converter to B1 fibre port 25
(A2 p25 fibre was linked to B1 p25 fibre with same problem)

A1 ports 23 and 24 and B1 ports 24 and 25 show 200% util on web interface.
A1 23, A1 24 and B1 24 dont have cable connected! Still does it if port disabled.
B1 25 in use as link to A1 port1

All have Firmware 2.71
All Have been reset in current config.

I have same issue. Have upgraded a stack of 4 Switch 1100s to version 2.71 of the firmware, and now have one port on one switch showing permanently 201% utilization on the Unit Graph on the web interface. Even with nothing connected to this port! The port graph for this port is OK, but I am sure the unit graph for this unit is displaying wrong. Is there a way to fix this? Have tried rebooting the unit, but still have the same issue.

Problem solved by reinitializing stack. Not sufficient to reboot unit; need to initailize the stack via the web, telnet or serial interface under the system initialize option. Takes 10 seconds but seems to sort out a lot of problems with the web display. Also keeps IP settings so no need to redo these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back