Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SS 3300 XM Christmas tree syndrome then went numb, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbofh

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2003
YU
I have a Superstack 3 3300 XM (3c16985b) which failed overnight with all leds lit. After poweroff/on switch didn't initialize, but instead have all eight unit leds lit and power led is blinking green. Console don't work either.
I tried to update the firmware with suu and process is going, ahem ;) well, switch is accepting new firmware and suu is reporting that update went ok, but again, after update unit leds are lit and power led is blinking green ;(
I tried to dig something on knowledgebase but I can't find anything useful except something about failed fiber module (which I don't have ;) and that if update with suu didn't cure the switch then it must be returned to 3com.
Is there any workaround to bring switch back to life? I already have one failed SS3300 (this one refused to work in rack, and after while failed) returned to Brussels about three of four months ago and I didn't get new/repaired yet... I seriously consider firmware upgrade with sledgehammer and if that fail returning switch to dumpster. Any suggestions?

Have you tried using telnet and under the menu "system" use "initialize" to reset the unit to factory defaults then reconfigure? I am recalling info for a 3300 TM so it may not be the same for a XM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back