Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRST with ring-group/hunt-group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhite4

Technical User
Jul 27, 2005
US
Can SRST be configured to provide ring-group/hunt-group to ring all registered phones until the first person answers?

Lets say 10 phones regisered during SRST.
Phones are internal extensions only, non-DID.
Inbound TFN trunk into gateway.
When inbound calls hit gateway via TFN, how can i configure
gateway to ring each phone until someone picks up?

Anyone have an example or point me to a manual that has an example. Thanks

I should clarify that i meant ring the first phone, then ring the second phone, and so on. Not actually ring all 10 phones at once.

Have phones 2001,2002,2003 in SRST mode in a router.
Calls coming into the system from PSTN should hit 2001, then 2002, then 2003, and so on....and loop back thru again possibly...
Where 5551212001 is an example DNIS delivered on trunk.

no huntstop
alias 1 5551212001 to 2001 preference 1 timeout 4
alias 2 5551212001 to 2002 preference 1 timeout 4
alias 3 5551212001 to 2003 preference 1 timeout 4

Would this work? Is there a better way?

It appears the "alias" might be limited to qty 50, so this may not work for more than fifty phones. Trying to find confirmation on this limit.

Well I can't imagine you would want to ring even 10 phones in a sequential manner.

Just because a phone registers does not mean someone is actually sitting at the phone, and i do want the inbound call answered.

Would someone actually dialing in sit and wait for it to ring 200 times? I mean typically most phones are programed to ring 3-4 times. If you ring 50 phones in a sequential manner it would mean that the calling party would have heard 200 rings at this point. Most people would hang up well before 10 rings if they didnt get vm.

Well, more than likely, most phones will have a body sitting at them, and never reach that magical 200 ring sweet spot.

Thanks for the suggestions and bringing out some concerns. I'll see what i can do to satisfy the customer's requirements. Thanks again.

I wonder if you placed a default-destination xxxx in fallback and place the dn on all phones if it would accomplish your needs?

[americanflag] Go Army!
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back