Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRS Report basic format

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbigelow

Technical User
Feb 5, 2004
US
All,

I have a report I am building in Resport Designer not yet published- I need to do the following:

1. Fit the report to one page when printing - I know there is a Fit to Page property but I can't get it to work

2. Is there a way to auto size columns so they change size based on the data queried?

3. I have a % calc and sometimes there is no information in the fields so I get an Error result - can I formula this away using IF or IS error or is it IIF

Thank you,

Dan Bigelow

Really you should set the page layout in RS to be the size of A4 and then work with-in those constraints.

As far as I know table columns cannot be automatically resized, so whatever you set them too in the report designer is exactly the size that they will be regardless of what data is in there.

As for the calculation if you use the following formula but replace "calculation" with your formula to work out the % then it should work fine

=iif("Calculation" <=0, 0, "Calculation")

HTH

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back