Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRG50 Rls 5 and CS1k Rls 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulfo666

Technical User
Jan 1, 2007
GB
Officially not a supported combination. Has any body installed and did you get any issues.

We have a CS1000E 5.5 and our older CS1000S 4.5 with a TIE between the two and have had NO issues whatsoever.

But yes, you cannot combine them 'so to speak' and have your 4.5 system have SRG functionality. You have to upgrade the 4.5 system to 5.0 (I think) or higher.

Hi Tman45, thanks for the responce. But. I do not want to use a CS1k Rls 4.5 to act as an SRG. I want to use an SRG50 Rls 5 on a CS1k Rls 4.5 System.

Ah so you want to put SRG50 Rls 5 software on a CS1000S or M Rls 4.5 system?? Sorry I was thinking you had a separate SRG system for some reason - hah!

You are correct that it is NOT compatible because you have to upgrade the SSC cards to CPPM and you will need MGC cards and MC32S cards. Sorry for the 'bad' news :(

So, in theory you can put the software on, but you have to do the card upgrades and such - it is not just a software only process.

I am sure it must be me that is confusing things. Here is what I want to do.

------ ------
| S | SIP | PBX |
| R |------------------|CS1K |
| G | | 4.5 |
| 50 | -------
| R5 |
------

So. In the past I have used SRG50 Rls 3, connected to a CS1K 4.5 with no issue. Nortel/Avaya are now telling me I cannot use an SRG50 Rls5 the same way.

Comments.

Tman45 - you are confusing things. Dulfo666 is referring to a Surviveable Remote Gateway (SRG) which is a BCM system keycoded with special software.

Sorry gweb, certainly NOT trying to confuse anything - just trying to understand whether dulfo666 was trying to turn his 4.5 system into an SRG (not clear in his post from my determination). If he would have said an SRG RLS 5 with SIP TIE lines to the 4.5 system that would have been much clearer :)

That being said, the drawing certainly helps!

I am familiar with SRG since we have a 5.5 E system. Unfortunately, I don't know if the SRG rls 5 is compatible with the 4.5 - I would say you answered your own post by saying 'officially not a supported combination' Avaya/Nortel is going to know better than me anyway. Anyone else have working experience with SRG Rls 5 and a 4.5 CS1K?

Officially not supported, but it unofficially works. :)

Manythanks biv43, just the info I was after.

Tman45, But as an SRG needs SIP tie lines I thought that my title of SRG50 Rls 5 and CS1k would be enough. Not to worry. Thanks for getting involved anyway.

I installed one for a customer a month with no issues. the CS1K does not care about the SRG version at all. If your 4.5 is not SIP ready you can still use H323 trunks on the SRG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back