Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRG50 rl1 no busy tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberX666

Technical User
May 22, 2006
SE
Hi, I have 5 srg50 rls 1 installed around the country and have been working fine for ages, three weeks ago they all start complaining of dead calls now and then. I have found out its only when a srg set calls a mobile or a landline number that is busy. The srg sets are no longer receiving bust tone or any mobile out of service msg.

Anyone seen this before?

Regards
cx

Never encountered this but the first thing to look at is the patches. Are they up to date?

It doesn't have anything to do with the SRGs.
Check the PBX.
Remember, in Normal mode these sets logically reside on the PBX, not the SRG.

Another option is to upgrade the SRGs.
IMHO 50r1.0 was crap! :)

-SD-

Yeah i think your right about srg50 rls 1. Im upgrading all my sites to srg50 rls3 soon anyway, but it would be nice the tell the customer something..hehehe

Our cs1k engineer has chked his site and says its the srgs.

Have had problems with BCMs using the CS1K gatekeeper where the call would not complete when calling T-Mobile numbers. Turns out there is a patch available for the CS1K, M1 PBX's that resolved the issue. We searched Nortel's support for a couple months, then all of a sudden it was there one day and showed it had been available for a couple of years. I will ask our M1 tech which patch it was and post back. Hopefully it will solve your problem.

DB....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back