Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRG50 Local O-H Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

mndiver

Technical User
Aug 6, 2008
US
Anyone have any ideas on a SRG50 and attaching a local paging device? I understand that once a BCM50 becomes a SRG50, the paging port on the telephony connector is disabled. So, I have a Valcom 2003A with a Valcom 9940 inbetween the SRG50 and the 2003A. We can call up the extension of the paging device; however, cannot dial any digits thereafter... i.e. dial 1, 2, 3 or 4 for the zone needing to be paged.

Ideas? Thanks, dt

If your SRG is working and all your sets are registered to the main office you can set up a page port using a trunk port and routing using a DSC at your Main Office accessing a routing destination code on the SRG with your paging trunk in that pool.Your virtual route needs to have a prompt that allows paging or network access , i forget the prompt but it is in the NTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back